Educational content allows you to attract new web traffic, turn web visitors into leads, and/or nurture leads to become customers. Below are our recommended steps for running a content marketing campaign.
- Determine target persona, e.g. Ivan the IT Exec
- Determine the buyer stage: top-of-funnel, mid-funnel, bottom-of-the-funnel
- Select the content offer, e.g. ebook, video, checklist
- Identify the keywords you will use for SEO and to get attention from the target persona
- Set a SMART goal for your campaign.
- Create a thank you page with the content offer
- Create a landing page with a smart form that links to the thank you page
- Create a thank-you email
- Create one or more call-to-action (CTA) buttons with a link to the landing page
- Embed the CTAs on appropriate web pages
- Send an email with the CTA to your existing contacts
- Create a few educational blog posts with the CTA
- Schedule social media posts promoting the content offer and landing page
- Schedule social media posts promoting the blog posts
- Plan for ongoing monitoring
It might sound difficult to set up a thank you page, landing page, CTAs, etc, for every campaign, but this is very easy to do using Hubspot. You don´t need to rely on IT staff or contractors to do it.