Your website is not just a place to explain who you are and the services your provide. Use the website to engage web visitors. Offer web visitors content assets that will be of value to them, - make it about them and their challenges, not you and your offering. Offer them ebooks, whitepapers, templates, checklists and/or free trials.
How to capture new leads from website:
- Call to Actions (CTAs) - Add buttons and callouts to drive traffic to landing pages hosting valuable ebooks, whitepapers, templates, checklists and/or free trials.
- Landing Pages - Create SEO optimized landing pages that promote the content offer.
- Forms - Ask the web visitors to complete a short form to download the content offer. Smart Forms allows you to ask additional questions every time a returning visitors fill in a form.
- Thank-You Pages - Create thank-you pages or emails for hosting the content offers. Recommend additional resources to improve engagement, and social sharing of landing pages to Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Lead Management - Use automated workflows to nurture leads until they are ready to buy.
Marketing Automation software like HubSpot allows you to quickly design the CTAs, Landing Pages, and Smart Forms. It connects to your existing website, and no-coding is required to manage the process.
The below image shows how you design a Call-to-Action in HubSpot. This is then added to your website and sends the web visitor to SEO optimized landing pages and forms hosted by HubSpot.