Content marketing requires a structured approach for generating traffic and nurturing leads to become customers. Below are 8 questions every marketer should ask for more effective content marketing.
- Have you defined your target personas, their priorities, where they hang out, what keywords they use, etc.?
- Have you identified the buyer journey from awareness about the challenge or opportunity, to decision making?
- Have you identified high-value content assets and keywords for each step in the buyer journey?
- Have you defined the meaning of a Marketing Qualified Lead, Sales Accepted Lead, and Sales Qualified Lead with your sales managers?
- Have you created automated workflows and point-system for automating the lead nurturing from awareness to decision making?
- Have you established a process for handing over leads to sales for follow-up and reporting of results?
- Do you know how to set SMART goals for measuring the impact of all campaigns?
- Have you established a process for doing the above for all new content marketing campaigns?