The average customer gathers 60-70% of the information they need to make a buying decision before engaging possible solution or service providers. This means you need to attract them with ads and educational content that is optimized for search engines and social sharing. You then capture their details with landing pages that have Call-to-Actions and forms. You then nurture them with workflows until they are ready to talk to a sales consultant.
Marketing Automation software like HubSpot and Autopilot allows you to automate this process, but also helps you optimize your content for SEO and social sharing. Turn your sales process into automated projects using marketing automation software.
Success comes from having the right strategy, processes, and content, not just Marketing Automation technology. Start by defining the customer persona, the buyer journey, and then identify keywords and content for each step. Develop based on this your inbound marketing plan.
How do I get started? Below are our recommended 6 steps for getting more and better B2B sales leads.
- Describe the buyer personas. Get to know your future customers. Describe their objectives, challenges, and priorities.
- Map the buyer journey. Remember that different buyer personas have different requirements. A business user will have different requirements than a business leader.
- Develop a content strategy. Ensure you provide value over the buyer process with the right keywords.
- Write the content offers. Develop the content that will convert leads into customers. This could be emails, ebooks, checklists, etc.
- Run the first lead nurturing program. Automate a buyer journey for converting leads into sales. Ensure your content and keywords map with the buyer persona and the buyer journey.
- Measure for improvements. Learn what works best with your customers to improve the next campaign.